Citando Stipe Tolj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi list,
>
> if Wapme releases it's SMPP server implementation (smppbox) to kannel,
> would we include it directly to kannel's gateway cvs module, or would
> we inheritate an own module called smppbox?
>
> The benefit of having an own module would imply that other SMSC server
> implementation, i.e. EMI/UCP maybe called emibox and hence a cleaner
> code seperation would be present.
>
> I think smsbox should be a base interface to bearerbox (using common
> HTTP for the low level user and aggregator) and smppbox, emibox and
> whatever would be more for the professional SMS carriers and hosters.

I like the idea of modules although I'd prefer the apache solution than a *box
executable one.

Like a kannel executable, then a /usr/lib/kannel/1.4/mod_emi.so, a mod_http,
mod_rpc, mod_jabber, mod_piggeons for inputs, a mod_db_file, mod_db_xSQL.

But with kill -HUP `pidof kannel` ;)

But that's for version 2.0, right ?

This way, we whould really have a cvs://kannel, cvs://mod_* module directories,
and a well defined interface between them - this is the harder part.

--
<BR/>