Bruno David Simões Rodrigues wrote:

> I like the idea of modules although I'd prefer the apache solution than a *box
> executable one.
>
> Like a kannel executable, then a /usr/lib/kannel/1.4/mod_emi.so, a mod_http,
> mod_rpc, mod_jabber, mod_piggeons for inputs, a mod_db_file, mod_db_xSQL.

yep, that would be great.

> But with kill -HUP `pidof kannel` ;)

agreed too :))

> But that's for version 2.0, right ?

I guess. At least it's not very simple in porting everything to Apache
module API style.

AFAIK some of the Apache people are still "listening" to our devel@
mailing list. Maybe they could pre-assume how "difficult" this would
be.

> This way, we whould really have a cvs://kannel, cvs://mod_* module directories,
> and a well defined interface between them - this is the harder part.

yep, agreed. The API is definetly the hardest thing.

But as HTTP is a well-defined proto so should our SMS transaction be
well-defined. Some kannel parts, like the gwlib modules and the
internal SMS msg API is well-defined IMO.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80