>thanks for the answer. i want a little bit clarify things. i KNOW that my
>SMSC has forbidden "status delivery report requests". so just thought
>about "universal" patch for kannel's smsc_cimd2 driver.
>
>the question is "might defaults" be so or they might not? if no, then we
>can comment out the line:
>
>packet_add_int_parm(packet, P_STATUS_REPORT_REQUEST, 0);

Ok, now I see. But I'm afraid there's no possibility from the outside to
know the defaults/capabilities established in the smsc.

>and if yes, maybe we could add one more directive in the configuration
>file, like "use-dlr"?

Concerning additional directives, I'm pretty much for it if they avoid real
life problems, to be able to use Kannel "our-of-the-box" (with the proper
config) without hacking with the code.

Angel Fradejas
Mediafusión España, S.A.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]