Answers follows...

Oded Arbel wrote:

On Sunday 20 July 2003 18:47, Mat wrote:

We are connected directly to an operator which is using an SMSC running
under OpenVMS.

What protocol do you use to connect

EMI4.0

Apparently, the information of what they are running is a bit secret,
which is not very
surprising.

It is to me.

After discussing with them, it appears they effectivly use a CMG solution.

Is it possible to fingerprint an SMSC ?

There are some unique "bugs" and features that can be detected on some SMSCs of some providers. I don't think a comprehensive list has ever been set up.
I also think that the Kannel project is in a unique situation that allows us to do just that..

Great! Maybe the bug tracking system that kannel use could have other branch with all SMSC
implemations that we encountered. That could also help to have a map with all compatibility issues
reported in...

Mat.