On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 21:25, Aaron Brady wrote:
> > Looks good, however I'd potentially make it more configurable so that the
> > x wait is one of the default settings and can be configured should it need
> > be.
>
> If it's easy enough, then I don't see why not, but I'm not altogether
> familiar with the internals of Kannel, so other than using your below code
> as a starting point, I wouldn't know what to do. Personally, I think that
> given enquire_link_interval is configurable that adds enough flexability -
> this is similar to how IRC servers do things, with a configurable ping-time,
> but if you miss two then you're disconnected, but if people think it needs
> the extra option then I can try and add it.

>From SMPP 3.4 specs ...

"The maximum number of outstanding (i.e unacknowledged) SMPP operations
between an ESME and SMSC and vice versa is not specified in the SMPP
Protocol Specification and will be governed by the SMPP implementation
on the SMSC. ... as a guideline .. no more than 10 SMPP messages are
outstanding at any time. " (2.5.1 for example)

If you were going to hard-code a X - better make it 10 (use #define too
by preference). Otherwise I agree with Alex .. the 'governed by SMSC'
bit implies .. many and varied.

Ultimately however review sections 2.9 and 7.2 of the specs regarding
SMPP Timers as implementation guide.

Just my NZD0.02

Cheers,
Alan