Jonathan Houser wrote:

Aarno,

IMHO, going that far back is counterproductive. But if Kannel leaks on error,
failed fetchs should generate leaks, do they not ? And then we will have a
reproducable bug.

I was just comparing the oldest version I tested that still leaked against mine that doesn't. I did the diff of those two to minimize the size of the diff file.

I tried to break it with a simulator asking for URLs like "http://catchow";, "http://catchow.ruffy.com/"; and "http://10.10.0.3"; with no luck. I then tried to log in to Hotmail...

   http://mobile.msn.com/
   select 'MSN Hotmail'

...with my simulator (Ericsson WapIDE 3.2.1), which uses OpenSSL, and that worked. It failed like the previous OpenSSL lines I've pasted and inc'ed the CLOSE_WAIT count. Below are the lines that *could* apply to it. (As an aside, is there any way to log an IP address with each line? It'd *really* help in debugging. Then I could pull lines that apply to my IP vs. some carrier's IP in cases like this.)

ok, so the assumption is: We get leaking file descriptors when HTTPS addresses are requested and some openssl write error occures, right?

This may be also reproducable, right?

Ok, but this does not clear-up the fact that your 2004-11-05 version seems to "not" leak any fds?

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80