Jonathan Houser wrote:

Yeppers, the client ones. I just checked all of my logs, and the only IPs I see regarding WAP are the ones from an IP I have blocked. Regardless, it'd be very helpful if they were on the same line in the same log as the fetch itself: correlating traffic is hard -- especially when you have a lot of requests per the same second at times. I'm guessing the IP is not passed to wapbox for abstraction purposes, and thus only bearerbox really knows it? It'd still be nice if wapbox knew it, if only for writing more descriptive log lines. I'd happily write such a patch if you'd like one.

ok, go ahead. wapbox of course knows the remote client IP address. For an example, see gw/wap-appl.c:760 where the alog() call is done to log the request to the wapaccess.log file.

ok, so the assumption is: We get leaking file descriptors when HTTPS addresses are requested and some openssl write error occures, right?

That's one of the cases that cause it, yes. Not the one I see the most (usually it's that 'ERROR: WTP: cannot unpack pdu, creating an error pdu'), but one I can reproduce at will. As I've said, it appears to deal with all WAP error condition cleanup.

ok, I'll review the error handling here and check.

It leaks them -- just *very* slowly. I think the last thing I quoted was 14 in 16 hours or something like that. And that was through our 16 busiest hours of the day.

ok, so obviously there has been at least a "change" that made the leaking more aggressive .
Generally the error code 1 for the SSL_read/write here means from openssl docs: generic SSL libary failure.

Yep, I'd looked that one up myself quite some time ago. Not very helpful is it? :P

Now that it's a morning again, I'm going to continue my backwards trek through the CVS tree until I find a copy that stops leaking. Then I'll do a diff and find out what changed. Thanks for all of your help so far (you too Aarno, Alex and Paul)! :)

don't need a diff, simply pass us the date/time mark. That's enough, so we can create the diffs on our own. (No reason to distribute the diffs accross the mailing list for it).

We definetly have to get control on this fd leaking here. I'll mark this as
showstopper for 1.4.1 stable.

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG