Dear Stipe,

Thanks for taking the time to test it. Anybody reading this, hold testing for now. Let me explain:

As mentioned, wtls has been thoroughly tested in Solaris, not by sending millions of requests, but by individual requests from real phones and simulators. It shouldn't have such issues!

I am afraid that the patch did not come out right and will have to resubmit. The log entry from 9203:

2009-11-13 17:28:16 [17493] [9] DEBUG: You need to create wtls_pdulist_destroy!

shows that at least ./wap/wap_events.c is not patched. I am not using it in the final code.

My apologies, let me take another look at it over the weekend and resubmit on Monday.

BR,
Nikos

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stipe Tolj" <s...@tolj.org>
To: "Nikos Balkanas" <nbalka...@gmail.com>
Cc: <devel@kannel.org>
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: Patch: wtls provision

Nikos Balkanas schrieb:
Dear friends,

This is a long overdue contribution to kannel's wap. It will provide
wtls functionality. It has been thoroughly tested in Solaris, and
compiles cleanly in Linux.

I used indent to format the structure, so a lot of the differences will
be formatting. Nevertheless, there is a lot of code in there that needed
to make it work. Let me know if the cvs diff is the best way to submit
it, or whether a tarball of the sources would be better. I've have had
some issues with cvs diff in the past, so if you get any compilation
warnings, I may have to go with a tarball.

Hi Nikos,

first of all, congratulations for the enormous work effort put into the WTLS layer here. We're overwhelmed, and grateful for such a contributer like you are. :)

As promised, I gave it a quick shot to see how it works out. In fact I haven't reviewed the code much, bust had just a rudimentary glance over it. I rather tried it in real, against a Nokia Mobile Browser 4.0 Simulator (on top of Win32/XP).

wapbox.9202.log contains the log for accessing port 9202 (connection-less secure
mode), which bangs (PANICs) after some time.

wapbox.9203.log contains the log for accessing port 9203 (connection-orientated secure mode), which seems to do something useful, but starts to loop at some point.

In both cases, I don't get any clean page view of the WML deck, adressing
http://m.google.de/.

In 9203 mode, I get from the Nokia Diagnostic tool at least the following
details presented:

- WTLS session ID: 76220880
- Algorithms:
 Bulk Enc: RC5_CBC
 MAC: SHA1
 Key Exchange: RSA_anon
 Compression: none
- Key Size:
 Bulk Enc: 8
 MAC: 20
 Key Exchange: 30575
 Compression: none
- Certificates: none

Hope this helps.

Actually I would love to try it with a real phone (i.e. my old Nokia 7110), but I don't have it right now available. So if there are some more people out there
to give Nikos a hand in debugging, please test with a real device.

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 DΓΌsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org