To: "Nikos Balkanas" <nbalka...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Kannel Devel" <devel@kannel.org>; "Kannel Users" <us...@kannel.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: Patch: wtls provision

Hi Nikos,

sorry for delay, patch commited to branch and after testing will be merged to trunk.

This branch can be found at: https://svn.kannel.org/gateway/branches/wtls_provision

I would like to see more people that can test/review this patch.

Thanks,
Alexander Malysh

Am 26.04.2010 um 01:34 schrieb Nikos Balkanas:

Hi Alex,

As stressed I never implied any wrongdoing from your part. If anything you are the only person dedicated to this project like a regular job. Rest of us are mostly daydreaming small snippets in our free time. There can be no kannel without you.

The Patch is back. Reformatted according to your specs. Let me know if you need anything more.

Like in the original, it will provide for the following wtls functionality:

A) Supported MACs:

      SHA_0,
      SHA_40,
      SHA_80,
      SHA_NOLIMIT,
      MD5_40,
      MD5_80,
      MD5_NOLIMIT

MIA's:
       SHA_XOR_40

B) Supported Ciphers:

      RC5_CBC_40,
      RC5_CBC_56,
      RC5_CBC,
      DES_CBC,
      DES_CBC_40

MIA's:
      NULL_bulk,
      TRIPLE_DES_CBC_EDE,
      IDEA_CBC_40,
      IDEA_CBC_56,
      IDEA_CBC

C) Supported Keys:

      RSA_anon

MIA's:
      RSA_anon_512,
      RSA_anon_768,
      RSA_NOLIMIT,
      RSA_512,
      RSA_768,
      ECDH_anon,
      ECDH_anon_113,
      ECDH_anon_131,
      ECDH_ECDSA_NOLIMIT

Keys might seem a shortcoming, but I have yet to see a mobile that doesn't support RSA_anon. I do expect that a few of the rest of the keys are supported as well (i.e. RSA_anon_512, RSA_anon_768) just didn't have the chance to test them.

D) Spec States

All wtls states are supported except:

  1) Suspend/resume wtls session
  2) Cipher change when already connected

I have not come across these states when testing with a variety of mobiles. In practice (2) is implemented through another client hello while already connected to the same client.

BR,
Nikos
----- Original Message ----- From: Alexander Malysh