Hi,

it's a condition for every time based parameter that server synchronized to NTP.
If this not a case it's not our bad.

I don't know reason for switching to absolute time anymore.

As to the bug: just imagine, you send message with validity of 1min, kannel try
to deliver to SMSC but SMSC is not reachable for 2 min.
Then SMSC is reachable again and kannel submits message to SMSC with validity
of 1min BUT validity is already expired because we
waited for 2 mins for SMSC.

Thanks,
Alexander Malysh