Am 23.02.2011 20:12, schrieb Sanjay Bhandari:
> We have a bind where the peer wants to act as the ESMEE. I can't find a way to
> configure Kannel as an SMSC. Am I missing it somehow?
>
> More importantly, if we decided to modify the code to try and support the SMSC
> role, are there any hidden gotchas that we should be aware of? I guess, I am
> wondering why this capability is not implemented in Kannel already. Are there
> any blocking reasons?

Kannel has 2 options to act as SMPP server:

a) via the open source Kannel opensmppbox, which is located in the SVN trunk
repository.

b) via the commercial add-on Kannel SMPP v3.4 server (smppbox), which has a much
wider complexity and feature scope, including a plugin API layer for additional
logics and various accounting support methods.

In case you're interested in b), please let me know.

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org