Hi,

On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 22:02 +0200, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> When DNF will be able to install flatpack pkgs then we can stop supporting
> distro packages for that.

One of the things I am working on is making access to sources, symbols
and debuginfo easier for rpm packages as distributed by Fedora. That
helps users profiling, debugging and tracing the things they run on
their systems. For some background see:
https://gnu.wildebeest.org/blog/mjw/2016/02/02/where-are-your-symbols-debuginfo-and-sources/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ParallelInstallableDebuginfo

How does that work with flatpaks/snaps? Are there Fedora guidelines
making sure sources, symbols and debuginfo are easily installable for
any such thing like they are for rpms? How do the formats, containers,
distribution channels, and installation tools support that? Do tracing,
profiling and debugging tools need any adjustments to automatically pick
up the sources, symbols and debuginfo once installed?

Any references to technical details or engineering policies would be
appreciated. If Fedora is going to adopt these formats I would like to
help make sure profiling, tracing and debugging of such applications is
as transparent as possible.

Thanks,

Mark