Gerald B. Cox píše v Čt 16. 06. 2016 v 11:45 -0300:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@gnome.
> org> wrote:
> > Challenge for the marketing folks: can we get these tech journalism
> > sites writing about Flatpak instead? About GNOME Software's new
> > support
> > for displaying and installing Flatpaks in F24? Otherwise, I see
> > upstreams adopting Snappy and not Flatpak.
> >

> I've seen lots of articles about Snappy and didn't even know that
> Flatpak existed.  Granted I don't follow Gnome development and am
> more interested in KDE and LxQT - but that said, I'm not particularly
> interested in Ubuntu either.  If the idea behind flatpak is to make
> more packages available, it ain't going to work if people don't know
> about it.  Most people will just choose snappy or flatpak, ,and since
> both work - just use the snappy format.  It's like Beta and VHS or
> more recently HD DVD and Blu-ray.  If you have a universal format,
> one will become dominant - and for better or worse, it's not
> necessarily about which one is better, it has to do with marketing.
> --

KDE has been interested in Flatpak for over a year. They even have a
KDE runtime and a couple of KDE apps packaged:
https://community.kde.org/Flatpak

Yes, Snappy is better known because it's marketed by Canonical itself
while Flatpak is still mostly pushed by the community, but I still
believe Flatpak is better positioned to be a multidistro standard.
Snappy has been developed with Ubuntu in mind only, just recently they
made it work on other distributions (with a lot of shortcomings
mentioned in this thread), the only reasonable way to distribute snaps
is through Canonical's servers now, they require the unpopular CLA to
contribute,...

Jiri