On 06/14/2016 09:08 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

Certainly we're not going to come along and try to delete packages over
the maintainers' objections. In general, I expect package maintainers
would be deciding whether or not to make the switch, but yeah: if the
upstream developers request that we switch to their Flatpak, I would
hope that package maintainers would be willing to accommodate upstream.

I wish packagers don't abandon their efforts replacing that for a upstream flatpacks. Currently I trust packagers, the Fedora rules mandates that all source should be available and buildable, that everything is built on a clear trusted environment.

Will I trust flatpacks from everyone?, no. Some will be very careful on building things. I don't know if someone is linking with extra things we don't know or if they built things on a safe environment, or if their machines are already hacked to affect their build.

If someone have the need for a new updated version of an application with a flatpack and they trust their build, sure install it. But I will be happy to still use the RPM packaged version if I don't need new things. I wish flatpacks to be more of a way to distribute applications that make easy for developers build only one binary for Linux, but not as make them the only way, or for commercial applications what will never release source.

Hopefully no upstream developer become annoying requesting RPMs to be removed.