Dne 15.6.2016 v 10:14 Ade napsal(a):
> Why is this?  Well some time ago the behaviour of the tool changed and now
> the only way to proceed is to click in
> "Restart and Install" and this is NEVER what I want to do. I never want to
> reboot my desktop just to apply updates, Id
> rather apply all the updates and reboot to bring in the new kernel (if there
> is one) when I have the time

Imagine two regular updates.

First you update mariadb-server package. %post is smart and it will condrestart
the mariadb service. However...

Next day you update "pam" package which provides /usr/lib64/libpam.so.0 which
is used by mariadb service.
Unless you restart your computer your mariadb server will continue to use old
(and maybe insecure) libpam.so.
Or unless you use dnf-plugins-extras-tracer:
  http://dnf-plugins-extras.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tracer.html

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA