On Wed, 2016-06-15 at 12:46 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 06:25:17PM +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > > That's precisely what they are doing on non-Ubuntu distributions,
> > > disabling confinement.
> > Thats is pretty crappy. That means things will keep accidentally being
> > packaged that depends on things not in the ubuntu core. It also means
> > that there is zero sandboxing.
>
> Can you elaborate on how this is different from Flatpak's
> currently-rather-open sandboxing (as seen elsewhere in this thread)?

It's different in that we're not issuing press releases loudly touting
how great it is. i.e. we're following responsible development
practices: while the product isn't actually done yet, we're talking
about it on blogs and at developer conferences and working to complete
it. While *their* product isn't actually done yet, Canonical is issuing
press releases which beg their readers to infer that a) Snappy is
completely done and b) all distributions have adopted it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey