On Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 09:39 AM, Jan Kurik wrote:
> = Proposed Self Contained Change: Transdiff =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Transdiff
>
> Change owner(s):
> *Sundeep Anand <suanand AT redhat DOT com>
>
> Often even after 100% translation in Zanata, few packages do not get
> build with latest translations in Fedora. This result in poor
> localization experience. Transdiff is a python program to run on
> products installations for tracking translations with project upstream
> and generate diff reports.
>
> == Detailed Description ==
> Often even after 100% translation in Zanata, few packages do not get
> build with latest translations in Fedora. This result in poor
> localization experience. Transdiff is a python program to run on
> products installations for tracking translations with project upstream
> and generate diff reports.

Is this focused solely on Fedora originated projects translated in the
Fedora Zanata?  As Tom pointed out, if it isn't, why are we modifying
the upstream?

If it is, it seems we are working at this backward.  Zanata has the
ability to trigger an event when a project reaches 100% translation.
Why not set up that infrastructure to ensure that translation completion
becomes a build triggering/update triggering event for the projects in
question?  Also, why not work with Zanata to make this notification more
robust so that projects could, for example, say that any translation
update should trigger a rebuild?

regards,

bex