On Thu, 2017-06-08 at 22:17 +0200, Adam Samalik wrote:
> You add the package and other people start to use it. That's great
> until you need to change the version, but can't, because other people
> started to use it as a dependency and it would break their stuff.

I recently heard that it will be impossible to install two packages
that depend on different versions of a dependency at the same time. For
example, if package A depends on C < 2.0 and package B depends on C >=
2.0, it will be impossible to install A and B on the same system. Is
this true? If so, I worry that we will see fracturing in Fedora as
packages drift apart in their dependencies. If not so, I apologize for
the noise ☺