On 06/08/2017 10:24 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
Speaking as someone on both side of doors... this is not something that
was developed in secret at all. It's something that was implied by the
modularity work — which has been very open — and the change "in the
open last month" is all there is to it. There is no puppetmaster behind
the curtain.

I'm not accusing of any puppetry here.

Normally I ignore any Modularity discussion. It doesn't interest me, and it doesn't affect any projects I work on. It's my own fault that this change, which does affect me, was not on my radar. I'm not looking to stop the change but only express my concern about the lack of marketing and lack of documentation.