On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 08:28:15PM -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> We don't do incompatible changes for python within a Fedora version release.
> Major changes should be tied to an OS release. IOW, F26 can have 3.4 just
> fine
> since its not shipped. F25 has already shipped and rebuilding EVERYTHING is
> just not nice to push on people.

Yeah, I'd _really_ like to encourage sticking to the policy. It can be
more work for packagers when there are big bugs to fix going back to
older releases, but the ability to digest change on different streams
is a big benefit to our users. If you'd like to make newer versions of
something like R available for shipped releases for people who want to
opt-in, we have Copr which makes that easy.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>