On Wed, 2017-06-28 at 05:20 -0400, David Airlie wrote:
> > I ran into this today:
> > https://gist.github.com/Brainiarc7/aa43570f512906e882ad6cdd835efe57
> >
> > DRM firmware is loaded by default. HuC and GuC are not. Things work
> > without them, and things work with them loaded. So what's the
> > pro/con
> > and if there's a pro, why isn't it the kernel default? Seems like
> > if
> > it should be default, either upstream should set them as the
> > default,
> > or the CPU/GPU should ask for it?
>
> I expect when upstream decided they are stable and useful enough,
> upstream
> will enable them. I'm not fully sure how useful they are, I think
> they
> might possibly enable lower power states, but also nasty bugs.

And Ironlakes [1] ?

Can I get any better performance, if I try enable RC6 p-states ? by
this link [2] is for 4th-gen ...

Dell release an update for BIOS [3]

Best regards,

[1]
Xorg.0.log
[  1122.762] (II) intel(0): SNA initialized with Ironlake (gen5)
backend

dmesg | grep drm
[   22.588888] [drm] RC6 disabled, disabling runtime PM support

[2]
https://superuser.com/a/783944/176412

[3]
Dell Latitude E6410 System BIOS
This package provides the BIOS update for Dell Latitude E6410/6410ATG
and is supported on Latitude E6410/6410ATG models (...)

Fixes:
- Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisory CVE-2017-5689
/ INTEL-SA-00075.

--
Sérgio M. B.