On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 01:38:31PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > OTOH, Gutenprint is GPLv2+, so it could be considered GPLv3 for purposes
> > of linking to ASL2.0 CUPS..
>
> Just make sure that Gutenprint doesn't link to any other 3rd party
> libs that are GPLv2-only - everything it links to would need to
> be v2-or-later (or otherwise GPLv3 compatible) to allow the combined
> work  to be considered GPLv3

Yeah, it's a headache.

The gutenprint CUPS filters in my dev tree dynamically pull in 41 shared
libraries, mostly as passthroughs.  I'm auditing them now.

Meanwhile, I've raised this concern on the Gutenprint mailing list and
we'll see how the conversation goes.

 - Solomon [Heavily involved with Gutenprint BTW]
--
Solomon Peachy                         pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^