----- Mail original -----
De: "Fabio Valentini"

Hi,

> I'm particularly looking forward to improvements regarding golang. The
> automated .spec generation is nice for getting new packages started, but
> maintaining those packages currently is a small nightmare in itself due to
> brittle scripts and a ton of unnecessary, nested conditionals.

FYI, I've already posted a Go packaging guidelines update that removes most of
those scripts and conditionals, and will post soonish a spec dump that
implements those updates on a  ~420 spec set, and updates the golang core to
current golang/x/foo, current APIs for most cloud services, current grpc, all
with mostly complete unbundling and working inter-package autodeps.

To give an idea of the cope, I count 489 Go source packages in Fedora right
now. So that's a reboot weighting 86% the Fedora Go universe, even though it's
an overlapping set, not a subset of what's in Fedora

(I could publish it sooner if people are interested in contributing to
finishing up the bootstrap, the big item not completely done is moby and its
deps)

And then that will be a take it or leave it, if no one's interested I'll finish
my private Fedora/EL Go fork and forget about the crumbling state of Go in
Fedora. And people can continue to bikeshed if using a variable named commit to
hold the commit hash is ok or not. I'm certainly not interested in this
conversation anymore.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot