On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 02:55:37AM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > It's the plan of record that by default, all modules will be built
> > across all available buildroots. I'm not sure if that means EPEL7
> > will be an available option for technical reasons, but I hope so.
> > This will possibly require a modular-capable DNF in EPEL proper or
> > in a side- repo of some sort -- TBD. But if that works, we'll start
> > having modular content for EL right along with the F28 release.
> If this is something we want to do in that timeline things need to be
> getting put in place now. We should have a discssion about what we
> would like, what timelines we would do it on, and how it would all look
> and work. The DNF and RPM teams probably need to chime in to let us
> know what is practical. in order to have it in the F28 timeline we need
> to get it enabled in the next 6-8 weeks.

Good point -- I'm not sure this got into the "todo list" when we had
the last discussion about it. To be clear, this definitely shouldn't
hold up any work on getting the basic functionality for F28 in place.
We might have to scale back my dream to "right along with the F29
release" -- but I hope not.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>