JF> Does Fedora really have that large of non-technical audience?

It's an interesting question, but it seems to me that the answer doesn't
really matter.  If they're non-technical, the assumption is that they
don't want to see the stuff and indeed, what we should be going for is a
completely smooth transition between the BIOS logo and the login screen,
with no flashing back to text mode.  I am pretty sure that's the end
goal here and hiding the grub menu by default is just a step in that
direction.

If a user is technical, and our documentation is reasonably good, then
they should be able to achieve the level of verbosity they want.

So in the end, it doesn't seem to matter much how technical the audience
is.  What appear to matter most is how much fuss people will make about
having to adapt to (and, if they want, revert) a changed default.

Personally, I don't much care either way because I already have to
configure systems to get rid of the annoying and useless (in my
environment) grub menu.  So for me it would just be one task I can
remove from my ansible playbooks.  But if we always have that menu
appearing then there won't be much impetus to get that nice, smooth boot
experience because nobody who takes the defaults will see it.  And yes,
such things do matter to some people.

 - J<