Le 2018-08-16 22:09, Stephen Gallagher a écrit :

I'd *really* like to see us get to a point where package review is
fully-automated. Basically we could just have a web-service that you
pass a URL to an SRPM plus authenticate with your FAS account and it
will perform all of the validity checks and if they all pass would go
ahead and request the branches for you and import the SRPM.

Please oh please make it an SRPM set. Broadband and git made it so easy to reuse other software projects, software is increasingly spread over many many components. So old-style "review srpm in isolation, because it uses at most a dozen other first-level projects, that are probably already packaged" does not work anymore.

Better guidelines and rpm tooling made it easy to create unbundled srpm sets, but review didn't evolve and is a painful choke point.

So one of the main reasons for Fedora manual reviews (catching bundling) is also one of the main reasons people push for bundling exemptions (manual review of unbundled packages does not scale). The current process is actively working against its stated objectives.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot