This email is a hail mary pass.

I posted the following message to the Fedora forum:

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/129083/could-fedora-please-reverse-its-policy-re-end-of-life/

Part of the _closing_ response was for me to redirect the message to a
fedora.org mailing list.  No joy attempting to access the fedora.org webpage,
so I googled "fedora org mailing list".  This mailing list  _seems_ to be the
most pertinent.  If this query is mis-directed, please either re-direct it or
email me the correct email address or fedora org forum.

Note: I originally sent this message as an email and received an email response
to post the message as a new thread, here.

The remainder of this email is my opinion.

I am currently using Fedora 26.  When I first heard of your (new) End-Of-Life
policy, I hoped that the Fedora developer community would be so inundated with
complaints that the policy would be reversed.  Instead however, the policy is
being continued with Fedora 27.

I recognize that since Fedora is FREE, the developers face an enormous burden.
However, I suspect that many will feel as I do that it is an onerous
user-burden to have to frequently upgrade/re-install.  Further,
forum-technical-support, regardless of how timely and incisive, doesn't
compensate for the user-burden.

If you agree but need to first alleviate current burdens, then I suggest
revamping your management of spins.  Personally, my
Fedora26-Cinnamon-spin-install _failed_.  Further, the problem was
_immediately_ alleviated by my abandoning the spin, installing the _vanilla_
Fedora 26, and then _manually_ installing Cinnamon.  My rig has _no_ _video_
_card_; I use the mobo's onboard video.

Internet-researching, I found that others had a similar experience.  I think
that it is _not_ _practical_ for the Fedora development community to try to
anticipate all of the anomalies caused by unusual hardware or drivers.  I see
_no_ _reason_ why the Fedora development community can't _replace_ ALL OF ITS
SPINS with user installation documents (instructions) + the appropriate
messages in the gui presented to the user at the end of the installation
process.  Naturally, you would want these "gui messages" _preserved_ as part of
the installation, so that the "sleepy-user-installer" could be later directed
to them as a forum query response.

Furthermore, the spin strategy that I am proposing transfers the
_responsibility_ of the "spin install" (e.g. manually installing Cinnamon atop
Fedora) where it _belongs_ (e.g. with the Cinnamon developers org).  Naturally,
the "spin org" would expect that its developers would work _with_ the Fedora
developers to resolve anomalies.

I advocate that this strategy be extended to _all_ spins, and that Fedora's
End-Of-Life policy be _changed_ from 13 months to 37 months.