steve schooler wrote:
> I am currently using Fedora 26.  When I first heard of your (new)
> End-Of-Life policy,

That policy is not new. It has been like that for years, and before that the
lifetime was even shorter.

> If you agree but need to first alleviate current burdens, then I suggest
> revamping your management of spins.  Personally, my
> Fedora26-Cinnamon-spin-install _failed_.  Further, the problem was
> _immediately_ alleviated by my abandoning the spin, installing the
> _vanilla_ Fedora 26, and then _manually_ installing Cinnamon.  My rig has
> _no_ _video_ _card_; I use the mobo's onboard video.

The real issue that you have is that that happened. Why did installing from
Cinnamon fail whereas installing Cinnamon after installing Fedora worked? If
it was a driver issue fixed in an update, then you should simply install
from the latest respin of the Cinnamon Spin, including all the updates:
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/live-respins/

The fact that your GPU is an onboard IGP is irrelevant. Driver issues can
happen with IGPs and with dedicated GPUs just alike.

> I see _no_ _reason_ why the Fedora development community can't _replace_
> ALL OF ITS SPINS with user installation documents (instructions) the
> appropriate messages in the gui presented to the user at the end of the
> installation process.

Why would I want to install the whole GNOME that I don't use just to be able
to install the desktop environment I actually use after the fact? That just
does not make any sense whatsoever.

> Fedora's End-Of-Life policy be _changed_ from 13 months to 37 months.

Fedora never had such a long lifetime, and it is just not practical. It
would mean supporting 7 releases at once!

        Kevin Kofler