On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 9:14 PM steve schooler <sgschoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently using Fedora 26.  When I first heard of your (new) End-Of-Life
> policy, I hoped that the Fedora developer community would be so inundated
> with complaints that the policy would be reversed.  Instead however, the
> policy is being continued with Fedora 27.

This policy is not new. Our EOL policy has been this way for the
entire existence of the project (15 years!). Fedora releases are
effectively supported until the release after next, plus one month.
That usually equates to 13 months per release (give or take a month or
two).

Instead of supporting releases longer, we've elected to specifically
work towards making upgrades painless, so that it's not necessary to
stay on a particular release for the full length, and upgrading is
encouraged and well-supported.

If there's a problem with an upgrade, please feel free to file a bug
report in our bug tracker: https://bugz.fedoraproject.org.

As a final note: This is not the correct list for these kind of
inquiries. In the future, please discuss on our user support mailing
list: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/users.lists.fedoraproject.org/