On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 17:55:06 -0000,
 vvs vvs <vvs...@gmail.com> wrote:
First of all thanks for the link. It just proves that the SIG's expectations
were too high.

If I understand it all correctly, the main reason to drop i686 repo was the
mailing list inactivity? Is that right? So everyone interested in that
architecture is now deprived from using it on Fedora because some formalities
were not met? And if I have no time to participate in that list, I can't fix
problems myself? Because without that repository I'm forced to use other
distribution.

There were announcements on other lists. This issue was brought to the development list a long time ago. New people didn't do enough. Just being on a mailing list doesn't make things get done. People needed to fix problems or at least facilitate getting them fixed, and not enough of that happened. So it isn't just a formallity causing the problem.

You can still use f30 until about May. It looks like CentOS 7 can be used with i686, so you could probably use that a bit longer if you wanted to stick with a similar distro.

Someone has to do the work and most of Fedora's work gets done by volunteers. If no one volunteers for something, then that thing is unlikely to get done.

I was willing to do some work on i686 when I was forced to use it, but shortly I won't be using any i686 systems and will be spending what little time I use for Fedora on things that are more important and more practical for me.