On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 4:57 PM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello, in this thread (Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Modules in
> Non-Modular Buildroot)
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/JNTMUOBZHHCEOV7KS7MRNOBO6VGGT7RX/
>
> I've asked whether it wouldn't be in fact much easier to keep the default
> versions of our packages non-modular.
>
> Others have said they are interested in this as well. A huge thread happened
> but
> it hasn't delivered an answer.
> Arguments were made that default modular streams are planned to deliver the
> exact same experience as non-modular packages, yet it was not said if it
> wouldn't be easier to just deliver non-modular packages for default versions.
>
> Maybe it would be helpful to try to reformulate the question:
>

> **What are the benefits of default modular streams over non-modular
> packages?**
>

> I'll admit that I personally don't see any benefits, but of course that
> doesn't
> mean that they don't exist or that it's not worth having this discussion.

(snip)

> Considering we have 6 default modular streams,

Just to make this explicit for the people who don't know how to
determine this themselves (which includes me):
Which six modules do provide a default stream? I can't seem to tell by
looking at any modules' yaml files.

I hope this counts as a clarifying question, and not as a negative
"this is difficult to figure out" criticism ;)

Fabio