On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 02:30:20PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 12:44:52PM +0100, Miro Hroncok wrote:
> > Where is the end-user benefit with the modular default stream? I don't see
> > it either, sorry.
>
> It's not clear to me how those examples are related to my argument,
> which I could summarize as:
>
> a) multiple module streams have a benefit to users, and
> b) default streams have a benefit to package owners.

Hi Joe,

this thread is looking for details about a very specific question:
What are the benefits of default modular streams over non-modular packages?
(and as clarified in text: for everybody else, not the maintainers of those
modules). We also want to be as concrete as possible, to avoid getting
mired in speculation.

If I understood your argument, you are saying that default module
streams make it easier for the owners of those modules to deliver rpms
(as compared to providing non-modular rpms), and that this indirectly
benefits users because they get those rpms faster and will less maintainer
effort. Did I get this right?

If there's some other benefit, please describe a specific scenario.

Zbyszek