On Thu, 2020-01-09 at 09:17 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 10:32:42PM +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > Hi, a little "by the way" , I think if koji fails to tag the build
> > or
> > anything else, the final result should be failed, to avoid
> > inconsistencies. I opened an issue on koji [1]
> > [1]
> > https://pagure.io/koji/issue/1895
>
> We'll see how it goes, however I am not enthusiastic about this idea,
> tagging a
> build is a much shorter task than doing a full rebuild (think
> LibreOffice or
> something along those lines that takes 1h+ to build, the tagging
> operation is
> done in seconds).
> I agree that build without tags are harder to debug, especially if
> you do not
> know what to look for, but once you do and know how to fix, it's a
> much quicker
> solution.

Let me disagree with your arguments, in two points .

- Save time, if we count the times losses and gains, I think we didn't
save time. quite the opposite, because we have to review all builds,
search for all inconsistencies, etc ...

- Second point is the fix, the fix just can be done by one admin , i.e.
an regular user without admin permissions can't tag the build and the
workaround is build another release which is an ugly solution.

Best regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.