Jon Masters wrote:
> Why does it have to be one or the other? There are ways to do both with
> vitualization, separate stream of packages, multiple versions of the
> same thing. Who knows what else. The point is, nobody is saying you
> can't take a stable base and add in more recent bits for your area of
> interest if six months really is too long for you to wait.

Jon, you seem hard set on your ways. You, rudely, snipped a well
articulated e-mail down to what you want to pick a fight about. Why are
we even continuing this discussion?

Fedora will be made by the people that make it. I happily contribute as
a QA person and now as a package maintainer. You should be happy that
more and more people are getting on board for open source development
instead of telling everyone to wait their turn. Yes, there is a
compromise between Kevin Kofler and Jon Masters. It's called Fedora. Let
Fedora 14 ride and watch the new policies unfurl (as many others have
already stated).