On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 3:32 PM Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mail...@laposte.net> wrote:

> When a community driven conference grows to the size and reach of FOSDEM
> yes you can infer quite a lot from its schedule (one could do the same,
> removing the community word, for things where community is not relevant;
> that’s how half the IT press gets written).

The Devroom only runs for barely a day and there's so much stuff to
discuss we can't really cover everything and nobody submitted a talk
about this topic so it wasn't even considered, but next year you are
fully welcomed to submit one if you want.

> > Also, it may help knowing that packaging of Java application and
> > packaging of OpenJDK are different aspects and not necessarily handled
> > by the same people.
>
> “someone else’s problem” is little different from “I don’t care” in my
> book. And so far, no one has been able to identify those mysterious
> someone elses.

You keep ignoring that a large part of the packaged ecosystem comes
from different places and is maintained by different people, and not
everything is in a state of chaos as you imply, and definitely is not
ignored or "someone else's problem".

But, well... I'm not even sure why I keep replying, trolling with
unconstructive sentences won't really bring us anywhere.

Cheers,
Mario

--
Mario Torre