Le 2020-01-27 15:13, Mario Torre a écrit :
On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 12:53 PM Nicolas Mailhot via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Le dimanche 26 janvier 2020 à 10:10 +0000, Andrew Haley a écrit :
> On 1/26/20 8:43 AM, Nicolas Mailhot via devel wrote:
>
> > Java has been in a terminal course in Fedora for a year at
> > least. You can see how much Red Hat Java leadership cares about the
> > situation by consulting next week’s Java dev room schedule. Red Hat
> > is co- organisator of this dev room
> > https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/track/free_java/
>
> Okay, I'll bite. I am part of the Red Hat Java leadership.
>
> I'm pleased with this year's FOSDEM schedule. People have submitted a
> lot of interesting-looking talks, and I expect it'll be a good day. I
> take it that you don't approve of this list, but I don't know what it
> is you don't like about it.

I was just pointing out that devroom schedules reflect the interests
and priorities of the people organizing the devroom. And that those
interests and priorities do not include Java getting in such a state
that all the Fedora maintainers quit, major apps no loner work, and
users are migrating elsewhere.

It’s not for me to approve or disapprove. People can draw their own
conclusions.

Eh!!??

Nicholas, I'm not sure how you infer all this by the schedule of a
Community driven conference!

When a community driven conference grows to the size and reach of FOSDEM yes you can infer quite a lot from its schedule (one could do the same, removing the community word, for things where community is not relevant; that’s how half the IT press gets written).

Also, it may help knowing that packaging of Java application and
packaging of OpenJDK are different aspects and not necessarily handled
by the same people.

“someone else’s problem” is little different from “I don’t care” in my book. And so far, no one has been able to identify those mysterious someone elses.

--
Nicolas Mailhot