Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbys...@in.waw.pl> writes:

> Pfff, now I'm confused. Here is a case where systemd-resolved
> implements the standard, and some people were unhappy because they
> were relying on sloppy implementations which don't follow the RFC.

Yes, welcome to software development!

Sometimes people care about the standard and sometimes the standard
isn't helpful.  You can bemoan it, or belittle the users as you are
doing here, but *that's how it is*.  The only way you can find out which
approach to take is to *figure out what the people in the space
expect*.  In other words, it requires human contact and understanding of
the problems - not just guessing in a vacuum.

Thanks,
--Robbie