Dnia Mon, May 24, 2021 at 08:21:07PM -0400, Solomon Peachy napisał(a):

> > Well, if I want to configure the printer, I need to know what to point my
> > browser at. But sure, if a dialog gives me a link, that is a way. Though it
> > means yet another layer of indirection (bringing up the dialog first, only
> > to get redirected to a web interface).
>
> Running 'ippfind' will show you the list of all IPP-capable printers
> that are advertising themselves through mDNS, and the URI they can be
> reached at.

  Nice command, but it returns host in the .local domain, resolving of which
doesn't work half of the time.  The host sharing the printer has
normal, functioning FQDN, couldn't ippfind return it?
I do control the network, including DNS server, but this zeroconf stuff
is a jungle.

 (some time ago I'v tried to share common LAN bookmarks using zeroconf,
 but only Epiphany supported it. Firefox never get there - bz 173804.
 Today, I don't even know what the equivalent of /etc/avahi/services/ is
 in the systemd-resolved world).

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
to...@pipebreaker.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  — Alia