> Am 14.01.2022 um 23:51 schrieb Fabio Valentini <decatho...@gmail.com>:
>

> Wait, I thought this change was about making the path consistent
> within Fedora variants?

The question still is whether this is actually useful and beneficial.

All the arguments for this move that I have read so far explain benefits
related to an image based distribution. I have not seen any advantages of this
move for a file based distribution like Server or Workstation.  And when I look
at tools like LVM snapshot, I can't see any either. And I couldn’t find
something in a short online search. But maybe I missed something? Then I would
be grateful for some info/links.

In the case that there is no benefit for file based distributions, they only
suffer the "malefit" of losing FHS compliance and possibly having to adapt
administration scripts and routines. Then it would make more sense to move the
RPM database only for image based distributions (which has obviously already
been done anyway).

Peter