On 4/15/22 5:06 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

Initial test with a CD-R and an HP Compaq 8510w are mixed.
It boots to GRUB, but it spins a long time blinking the HDD light displaying
nothing but "Welcome to GRUB". It eventually spits out "failure reading
sector 0x4f838 from 'hd31'."

'hd31' looks strange for HDD as well as for CD-ROM. Do have that many ?

Looked strange to me as well, I don't think I do...

Anyway, a reburn fixed it. I can now confirm a CD-R and the aforementioned HP Compaq 8510w boot fine with the test ISO.