On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 9:27 PM Peter Boy <p...@uni-bremen.de> wrote:

> > Am 02.06.2022 um 19:20 schrieb Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
> > <zbys...@in.waw.pl>:
> >
> > On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 09:18:27AM +0200, Peter Boy wrote:

> >> And even those who can continue to use Fedora Server via update are under
> >> the threat of having to switch distributions overnight in the event of a
> >> technical error. Fedora will become unusable for them. A great "feature",
> >> that you would like to introduce, obviously at all costs.
> >
> > Is 'inst.mbr' a viable workaround? (The bug mentions 'inst.gpt' to trigger
> > the issue.)
>

> According to the latest Anaconda documentation [1] there is no option
> inst.mbr, there is just inst.gpt. Maybe, it is an undocumented feature.

It's going to replace inst.gpt. This is described in the Change document.

> And do we really want our users to fiddle around with editing boot line
> options as a standard procedure for using a standard use case?

It's not standard at all. We don't even test for this setup regularly.
It's not a test case, and it's not even supposed to work right now.

Also, any system with drives >=2TB will get GPT automatically, you
can't have MBR in those setups. All this does is remove the default
special case for smaller disks.