On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 03:11:43AM -0500, Akira TAGOH wrote:

> ----- "Toshio Kuratomi" <a.bad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> | corner cases:
> | * After installation but before reboot, the application is able to
> | startup
> |   and write to a directory in /var/run and/or /var/lock
>
> This is the case what I want to know a solution. though no one is giving me
> an answer for my question yet.

My answer is: just include directories in the %files section as normal.  Do
not %ghost them.

Files may be %ghosted, perhaps even should be %ghosted, but having this
switch to a tmpfs means that the file will be cleaned once the first  reboot
occurs after the file is uninstalled so we can get away without tis.

> | 2) The act of installing the rpm should create the necessary
> | directories.
> | Alternately, the program (or as you say, the init script) can create
> | the
> | necessary directories.  Note that I don't believe that systemd gives
> | you the
> | flexibility to do that sort of thing (there's no "script" in its init
> | stuff)
> | so you'd need a wrapper script for the program itself or write a patch
> | the program itself to achieve this where the program doesn't create
> | the
> | directory already and if we don't do this from within the rpm
> | payload.
>
> To get this working on SELinux, are we presuming that restorecond is running
> on the system or does the package maintainer need to take care of running
> restorecon manually in the script or the program?

I thought lennart mentioned something about selinux and tmpfiles.d defined
directories but I could be misremembering.