On 30/11/10 08:38, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 03:11:43AM -0500, Akira TAGOH wrote:
>> | 2) The act of installing the rpm should create the necessary directories.
>> | Alternately, the program (or as you say, the init script) can create the
>> | necessary directories.  Note that I don't believe that systemd gives you
>> the
>> | flexibility to do that sort of thing (there's no "script" in its init
>> stuff)
>> | so you'd need a wrapper script for the program itself or write a patch to
>> | the program itself to achieve this where the program doesn't create the
>> | directory already and if we don't do this from within the rpm payload.
>>
>> To get this working on SELinux, are we presuming that restorecond is running
>> on the system or does the package maintainer need to take care of running
>> restorecon manually in the script or the program?
>>
> I thought lennart mentioned something about selinux and tmpfiles.d defined
> directories but I could be misremembering.

Files/directories created as a result of tmpfiles.d entries will have
the correct SELinux contexts.

Files/directories created by an initscript will probably need to have
restorecon run on them to set the correct context (which of course can
be done in the initscript).

Files/directories created at startup by a daemon may or may not have the
correct SELinux contexts depending on whether the necessary transition
rules are in the policy. If they're not set correctly, it would be a
good idea to raise a bug on selinux-policy to address that.

Paul.