On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 2:31 PM Dan Čermák <dan.cer...@cgc-instruments.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Aoife Moloney <amolo...@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/FlatpaksWithoutModules
> >
> snip
> >
> > There is considerable implementation complexity within OSBS to implement
> this,
> > because the N/V/R need to be written into generated Dockerfile as
> > labels ''before'' building it,
> > but it should be manageable. If not, we'll need to switch to a different
> scheme.
> > (Running dnf with <code>--best</code> when building the container will
> > help make this reliable
> > and would be a general improvement.)
>
> Just out of interest, has this complicated part been already implemented
> or is it still on the todo list? Would using a different container build
> system reduce the complexity here?

I have a fairly strong sense of what needs to be done, and have written
similar code before, but haven't actually written the patches for the
atomic-reactor component of OSBS.

Honestly, the "complexity" here is dwarfed both by the complexity of
maintaining OSBS in Fedora *and* by the complexity of switching to a
different container build system. I don't think it factors in to whether
Fedora switches and on what timescale.

- Owen