On Friday, 07 July 2023 at 04:16, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 6 2023 at 09:40:59 PM -0400, Demi Marie Obenour
> <demioben...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It needs to be off by default.  See KDE’s telemetry policy
>
> Again, if it's off by default then the data will be garbage. There is
> no point in doing opt-in telemetry. I would withdraw the proposal
> entirely if we cannot do it opt-out.

I think you should withdraw the proposal, then. If you can't present
clear enough benefits so that people willingly give you their data, then
Fedora's reputation will be garbage when you betray Fedora users' trust
by collecting any data without their explicit consent. There is no
point in doing opt-out telemetry if you want Fedora to keep its user
base. Conversely, if you can do successful opt-in telemetry, that would
be really awesome.

Regards,
Dominik
--