On 18. 02. 24 13:54, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
In Copr build system, we noticed that Fedora rawhide chroots can became large and they stay forever as rawhide is never EOLed. We plan to work on this soon, but we are not sure what is best approach. I want to ask you - the users of Copr - what will be convenient for you?

The problem is described here https://github.com/fedora-copr/copr/issues/2933

tl;dr version is:

 * when you build into fedora-39 chroot then the chroot is one day declared as EOLed and if you did not act, then the chroot from the project is deleted and we reclaim the storage space.

 * when you build into rawhide chroot, then we keep last builds. Even if you do not submit to this project anything for years, we still keep this chroot. And such chroots can occupy gigabytes of storage.

The problem is that builds in the rawhide can be packaged configs, and they can be still usable despite the fact that no one rebuilds the RPM for years. Or it can be forgotten build that is not even installable in current chroot. We do not know. And testing installability of package regularly will be expensive task.

What **you** would find as acceptable policy for pruning rawhide chroots?

If a build wasn't done in the copr chroot for long time, I would consider it acceptable to get a notification that my chroot will be purged unless I take an action. I think the EOLed chroots behave similarly, correct?

A long time could be defined as a fixed period (e.g. 1 year, 2 years), or by the meaning of rawhide (e.g. when the last build was done when rawhide was the Fedora that goes EOL now, consider this rawhide chroot for purging).

Are there other chroots with the same problems? opensuse-tumbleweed, openmandriva-cooker, openmandriva-rolling, mageia-cauldron...

--
Miro Hrončok