> On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 4:25 PM Michael J Gruber <mjg(a)fedoraproject.org&gt;
> wrote:
> I like this idea. Move things that were built for "rawhide" into the
> "fedora-40" chroot, and start Rawhide empty, requiring fresh builds of
> things.
> Since there is no equivalent to the mass rebuild in COPR, that would
> also solve the problem of "stale" packages in Rawhide chroots.
>
> Fabio

Could you clarify what that would mean to a copr (e.g. [1]) that has only a
rawhide branch.
Would that switch to fedora-41 on the next branching, and I have to manually
recreate the rawhide branch every half year? Or will there be in addition an
fedora-41 created, where all the builds will go and the rawhide branch will be
empty?

What I would really like if there would be an option to say that builds get
automatically deleted after a few months, but I could not find such an option,
only to delete the whole copr after a given time, but that is not what I want.

Would such an option avoid the problem? If the user could specify when builds
should get pruned?
And if the selected time is more then a year, they have to confirm every half
year?

Looking at the storage statistics it is not quite clear to me to what extend
"small" projects matter at all. It seems there are around 30 TB of storage, of
which the two biggest user produce 5 TB each. Maybe an opt-in into deletion
plus some communication with the biggest storage users could be a solution?

David

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/davidsch/testing/