On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 01:46:04PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> I'm saying the thing they
> are doing today is not really valuable for a consumer base that wasn't
> in the meeting.  If they want to make it better, AI is a tool that is
> actually pretty simple to use to do that without a ton of effort.  If
> they don't want to make it better, then maybe just stop publishing the
> summary emails entirely and save themselves and others time.  The
> meeting logs will still be there.

Meh, that's throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

The idea of the summary is very simple:
the text consists of a series of

 # ticket NNNN, do this and that
 → resolution: APPROVED/REJECTED (+x, ±y, -z)
 optionally: links or additional infos

 link to minutes
 link to full log

When this is implemented correctly, it is enough for the interested
parties to get a general idea of what happened in the meeting.
Sometimes we mess things up, but there is no reason why this summary
wouldn't be useful when done correctly.

(The case that doesn't work well is when there is no clear decision
and we don't record anything. We should make it a habit to at least
record '!info We will return to this next week' to make the summary
more useful.)

Zbyszek