Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> BTW, it's not really different on how the kde-sig managed to drop x11
> support - they wanted to do so and they have not stopped until they got
> what they want, addressing most of the concerns raised by the community.

But the main concern was that the community does not want X11 dropped to
begin with, so there was no way to address that concern while still dropping
X11 support from Plasma. Which is also why there are now the separate -x11
packages I maintain.

It is pretty much the same here: The main concern here is that we do NOT
want ANY spyware ("metrics", "telemetry") in Fedora, neither opt-in nor opt-
out. No amount of changes to the proposal will address that concern. The
only reasonable course of action is to reject this Change with prejudice
(i.e., reject it with the clear understanding that any refilings will be
summarily rejected without even getting announced or discussed again – there
is no point in beating a dead horse).

That said, it is not sufficient to reject adding Fedora downstream spyware.
Fedora also needs a policy that upstream "telemetry" spyware is not allowed
and needs to be disabled at compile time or patched out. We have several
packaged applications wanting to "phone home" for this kind of "anonymized
usage statistics". This should not be allowed in a privacy-concious
distribution.

        Kevin Kofler