On pondělí 15. července 2024 12:10:58, SELČ Sandro via devel wrote:
> On 15-07-2024 10:24, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> > TL;DR: We plan to start monitoring build activity in Copr projects.
> > If no builds appear for a long time in these "rolling" chroots (such as
> > Fedora Rawhide), we'll disable such chroots, preserve the built results
> > for a while, and then delete them if no action is taken by the user.
>
> Thanks for the very early heads up. Will you provide more details
> regarding build retention? Without it it's kinda hard to judge the impact.
>
> I can think of at least one project I'm looking after that won't see
> many updates. It's kind of there for convenience.

Thank you for the reply.

The current idea is to have a 6-months period of inactivity (when no
build appears in given rolling chroot), then another 6-months period
when we keep the build results, but we notify the user about the future
removal (e-mail, and web-UI hints).  Then (if no action taken) remove
the chroot/build results.

> I'm regularly using the _delete after_ option as well as _max number of
> builds_ for packages being automatically rebuilt. I'd like to see a
> project wide option allowing me to specify max builds to keep regardless
> of age or an option to rebuild for rawhide when its associated release
> is incremented. The latter sounds more difficult to implement and may
> have unintended side effects if not thought through.

Sure, there's an "epic" issue https://github.com/fedora-copr/copr/issues/2541
that would probably cover your configuration use-case.  If you need
something peculiar, feel free to submit RFE (or patch, that's
preferred).

Pavel